Friday, April 24, 2015

A Good Discipleship Article

Discipleship is one of the current big "fad" movements driving churches right now, which is good because it is the most important function of the Church.  However, because of this, there are a lot of fluffy little articles and posts constantly drifting through my Facebook feed.

While talking about discipleship is better than not talking about it, most of these articles have little meat on their bones other than a few plithy tips and comments that do little to truly inspire or instruct on how to become more effective disciple-makers.

I share a lot of these fluffy links on my Facebook page...  Why not?  But here's one I wanted to share here on the blog to keep a little more handy for future reference.

At first, I thought this would be little different (lists are usually pretty soft on depth), but what I like is the tremendous number of links the author provides to explore each of his points in greater depth.

I haven't explored most of these links yet, but I plan on it.  Hopefully they are more thoughtful than most of the discipleship content floating around out there these days...

5 Signs Your Disciplemaking Design Isn't Working (and 10 Ways to Create One That Works): " Isn’t obvious that certain results or a lack of results would indicate a bad disciple-making strategy?  Remember, “your ministry is perfectly designed to produce the results you are currently experiencing.”  If you don’t like the results, you must change the design. I love this line from Winston Churchill.  “However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.”  If you don’t like your results, change the strategy."

No comments:

Post a Comment